Thursday, August 17, 2006

i just wanted to love you

i just wanted
to love you
to take care of you as you asked me to
i wanted to rehab you if that had been necessary
i am so naive
i didn't know you drank
i didn't know you lied
i didn't know you were the guy you warned me about
now
i am in this mess
and i look and see we have to gather the wounded from this battlefield called love
we have to clean the wounds and heal them

i just wanted to make you feel better but grow in the same time. I didn't know how long you need to feel good before you can start walking again. I didn't know anything but that you loved me. with all your heart.
and then you say, just give me a break, how comes you always know how to rub me the wrong way
now i am not here to treat you with candy
now i am here to teach you a lesson
but it hurts and i cry because i really just wanted to fucking love you
i just wanted to make you feel better
and there you are saying
the last four and half past months I couldn't rest, that's why..
I say, what, that you can't be with me?
I really tried hard man. I really did. Fuck.
Then you say, I apologize, I am so sorry, I wasn't a good boyfriend
and I cringe inside and I say but that's not the point
the point is that I loved you so much and that I still do
and still care.
If you know how to take care of yourself
if you can get a rest where you are now
i maybe just shouldn't talk to you anymore

it's so terrible to be a drag to the person you love most.

1 comment:

introspectre said...

Ah, sweets, you aren't a drag. You are a mirror. There is a huge difference.

The problem is that you reflect the parts of themselves they don't want to see. Don't let them ever look through the mirror and convince you that it's YOU. It's not.

I promise.