Friday, May 18, 2007

the fish have sex on the beach and I fell in love with America

two to three inches long they jump out of the water around 10 and 12:30 PM to have sex on the beach. I have never heard of that before. But that's what I am going to do tonight. watching shamelessly how fish have proper sex on the beach.

this evening I fell in love with America. It was pretty unspectacular, actually, I was on my way to this internet cafe when I stopped dead in my tracks when the song 'Easy peaceful feeling' caught my attention. A lonely man with a cowboy hat and acoustic guitar sang your song. The song that you told me to download. When you hung up and cried. When you asked me why I wasn't saying anything on the phone and I tried to not cry and you said, no, no, it's ok, it's ok if you want to cry. When you hung up and I broke down and cried. Boo-hoo, I cry, you cry, we cry too.
Gosh, it must have been a pretty messy mess of salt water and dramatic tragic vibes mingled in Ellie's messy room.
But it was for a reason.
It was for the blues.
It was for the homesick.
It was for the broken heart.
It was for us to break and reassemble our hearts.
It's tonight that you are coming back.
I walked back to listen to the end of the song. I melted.
A homeless woman and her transient lover stopped by. He had put a flower that he had stolen from someone's front yard into her hair which was covered by a dirty old blue trucker hat.
Jimmy Buffet, said the transient lover, and the cowboy singer was so happy that someone asked him for an artist he actually knew songs of and sang the song of the man who lost his salt shaker. The woman had tears of joy in her eyes and the man sang along. They both sang along.
After a while the woman started eye-contacting the passerbys. Hey, put some money in his case! she cried.
A lean sunkissed woman on crutches stopped insecurely trying to find some one dollar bills in her pocket. She fell. All the money spilled over the ground. She had only one leg as I discovered, the one she got was beautiful and naked under her black white leopardskin patterned dress. I helped her up and gathered all her money in a whole wad and stuffed it into her pocket. She was drunk, as well, I guess, but she was so happy about the music too and she loved us and the night.

They said I have to check out Prince's 'Purple Barret' song or was it 'Dark red Barret"? The transient lover said I looked French and I said I never wanted to be buff and German but at least I could help a woman up.
Jay-D, the transient and his lovebird, Janet, left but not before he gave me a galant hand kiss.

Why I fell in love with America?
I don't know. It's a feeling. If you know exactly why, it's not really love. Take that away and you won't love anymore right?
It might have to do with the fact that they all knew that song. And it made them all happy for that one moment in this one night. A homeless couple, a drunk one-legged beauty, probably a former prostitute (I like to believe) and a cowboy-hat singer who's night was made by people who loved his songs.

No comments: