I knew all along that this would come to pass. It was raining then and the Austrian and I were sitting on old banana boxes from the Dominican Republic. Somehow I felt that this would be at some point my transient home and as I crept into your arms later on that night I whispered You were right, we don't have to rush anything.. It can wait, 'til early summmer or whenever it is the right time. Little did I know that the right time can be so agonizingly strange. Strangely foreseen. - She never found a roommate and my acceptance of time's slow tango eventually led to all of this; the wings of love, the hidden knife, the wound, love's threshing floor and all our laughter, all our tears, breaking through the grey sheets of a seasonless world.
Your eyes were shoreless seas, puzzled almost, childlike. Despite all odds we held each other again, in the eye of the storm, in silence and somber darkness - you leaving and our kisses like fluttering butterflies trying to escape, find light and flowers that were still blossoming in our eyes; our hearts, painfully entwined and shivering in the dusk of an early cold new morning of our life.
You left and your voice still came through the old black and white letters, covered in all too bright blue light. More distant every second until it got lost in spaces we cannot fathom until we found back into each others arms in the dark of the night in his place, now my place, a soft bed and spiders and memories that lingered just to be devoured by our quiet passion that swept over us like a slow high tide and survived the night.
Deafening the sounds of doubt.
Now our good byes and hellos are somewhat faint and pale, strangely contrasting with the bright early summer sun. Heat merely stacked away, in little packages of glowing sparks that will rekindle and stretch and then die.
Your absence was almost comforting and weirdly reassuring, leading up to the moment amongst the strange perfectness of the stars and galaxies I observed as I put ashes to ashes, earth to earth, sun to sun. The dromedar-shaped tree stark and exquisite, painted into the moonlit heavens, the holy boat swimming amidst fuzzy night-time clouds and thoughts of mine, spiraling into space.
Crickets bonding with childhood memories and You, You, still somewhere there, waiting to give back meaning to the sky. A single tear drop; dew in a flower breaking into life and a smile well hidden beneath the quietly falling words of our story like snowflakes in March.
Strange days have found us.
I know what you taste like, I know your smell, your love, your ice, your suffering, your childish joys, fears, dreams and insecurities. Your wishes spiraling into the sky.
I know your honest and grown voice, the beauty you gave me and your earnest eyes, those beautiful lakes I softly swam in.
Slowly I close mine, and remnisce the firm yet gentle touch of your soul on my breasts, my breath, my inside and out.
The soft embrace of your tongue, your moist rose-like lips, the moving of your boyish hips. The intensity of your gazing straight into my soul.
I know your hand and how it can hold me.I know your heart and all the immeasurable unknown depths which sing to mine of failure and strengths when I am in silence with you and alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment