Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Voice Less

Today
Somewhat out of the blue
Your voice and all the silly things you say
There is nothing to be said about me at this point of course
But two, three words about you
Tell me what you think you say
And so I repeat what is to be repeated
And repetition feels so good

Yes, true, your voice leaves me voiceless
Less voice now is right and good
And I read at night other things I have said and written
Lifetimes ago
It's great how things keep changing in this my life
And some things remain the same
But not this one

Yes, it touched me like a dream that comes back to you
Faint but tangible in the middle of the day
Strange, how paths cross, entwine, unwind

Unwind
Wind
Taking me away
Swirling
Like a spiraling deep breath
Circling into the sky
Like a meadow lark
During a warm high summer day

Giving me all the space back
Breathing out into the wide wild world
Expanding from the middle
The focus point of our love

You can't always stay in the middle
Eternity is calling for us with the voice of destiny
Yes, I have loved
I haven't lost
I am moving on with all this
Not away from it

And no, I don't miss you like that anymore
My grieving has been done in a different summer

No comments: