it might have been a cigarette wish or maybe just intuition but I kept walking down seventh street under these huge beautiful eukalyptus trees inhaling the night.
at the bakery three older men hung out on the chairs that stand around there, it was midnight almost and they invited me to stay with them.
i don't know why these things always happen to me but I think it might have to do with the fact that I do sit down when someone invites me and not miss the chance to go by unhonored.
I have to tell you this story cut and dry, because it is impossible for me right now to convey the magic of it. I'll just give you the skeleton and you fill it with life, if you like. The oldest of them was a singer, had sung with Frank Sinatra, amongst others, and serenaded me and another girl that came by walking her dog and his friends with the most amazing songs you can imagine. And in the most professional performing manner. They invited me to play as well and I shared three songs with them, Bob Dylan, L. Cohen and there is just something about a receptive audience that makes me sound so much better... It was a genuinely refreshing encounter with a lot of laughter and joy. At midnight. On dead Montana Avenue.
No comments:
Post a Comment