Sunday, August 27, 2006

Alice! I take my hat off to you -

Alice pushed him out. She said, I know you love me. Our love is real. What we have is real. But there is a part of you that you haven't figured out yet. And you won't be able to give yourself to me in your entirety if you don't go and figure it out.
Go.

So he went. He left his college where he studied business, he left the east coast for crazy Hollywood, for a music school to go and finally take music seriously.

All by himself. No friends. Nobody he knew. Going through all emotions. After one year we bumped into each other watching one of our favorite teachers playing in the newly opened Street Lounge on Vine and Hollywood Blvd. I didn't remember his name although we had had some classes together in the beginning. He was a quiet guy, blue blazer, beer bottle in his hand, cheering Keith Wyatt, his personal MI hero because he 'plays real music - not music for music's sake'.

He said he saw her twice this year, at thanksgiving and later again. Did you guys hook up? I asked curiously. No, he said and laughed. She is strong. She is like iron.

Iron Alice.

You know he said and turned around for an instant. I realized that what we had was real. Our love was real. But we didn't exist in this reality. We are two people on two different paths. And she said, when our paths cross again it is all good and meant to be but for now you have to leave. And if our paths don't cross again - well, I love you forever, I always will love you.

I would have never went without her. I would have never done that but she realized that. She set me free in love.

In love.

I breathe in, slowly and then I breathe out again.
You are here, right around me. I have felt better the whole evening already but this is the most amazing thing. I relax and settle back in my little big heart.

You have no idea, I say and smile like the setting sun. You have no idea but you just made my day. Possibly even more. It helps so much to hear that. Tell Alice I say hello - and that I take my hat off to her.

Iron Alice. You are my hero. You are reinforcing my strength. You give me hope. That I am alright.


-------

It's so funny how things fall into place. There is no way things don't happen for a purpose. there is no way. I knew I had to go to this show and I felt very uncomfortable having committed to my friends to go with them to the street festival at Sunset Junction. Then it turned out it was finished already and I wound up there, where he waited for me with his Iron Alice shining through his eyes.

No comments: