Thursday, August 03, 2006

Altered Oceans and you

I didn't really understand what you were doing at the Casino and what good it would be to try and protect your stupid drunk Gangster cousin. But I understood that you love me despite it all and I understood too, that this is not what you wanted but yeah, that's life.

Then I went to have mint tea at the Solar Cafe and read the newspaper. It's been a while. And first thing that struck me was:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/oceans/la-oceans-series,0,7842752.special (sorry folks, the link-link is disabled!)

altered oceans. The consequences of carbon dioxide on our oceans.
We stand there in a very strangely shattered beauty, plundering our little lives and it is more comfortable anyways to be worried only about our own salvation. It comes to me, that we have never fully recognized the odds of our Romeo-Juliet-kind-of-love. Salvation is a complex issue. There are societies, human beings, children, elders, cultures to be protected. There is mother nature to be protected. There is a future to be secured. There are changes to be made in order to survive. There are priorities to be taken. There is the microcosm and the macrocosm. There is you and me and then the rest of the world. The medicine is bitter. Because who wouldn't want to save the one, the one you love? But you are wiser than me and know that the odds are not in our favor. Not romantically speaking.

I still can't get the point of exploring different planets in outer space. So much money that could be used to find answers RIGHT HERE! damnit. it makes me angry.

And as far as the salvation of our souls is concerned - to some extend we have to let this be up to Jesus. Or whoever does it for you. If there is only one truth and one way - blessed be those who find it.

In the meantime I'll try and do the little I can to do something about the salvation of this planet and our children.
May God be with you and me.

No comments: