Saturday, November 25, 2006

crack heads, homeless, pissers or yo no soy marinero...

'Men named their ships after women. You should name it after a man.'
'You're right. So what would be your suggestion?'
'Something like M13Jesus?!'
'Oh fuck you too'

I look out of the window. He smiles and says, you are right. If you wanna write, this is a good place. Why would you want to look at a palm tree if you can look at crack heads, homeless people groping for stuff in the dumpsters and pissers pissing at my car...
He gazes through the blinders at the left side. 'And what have we got here?'
We see a man, naked torso, sitting at his computer. Sliced by his vertical blinders. A couple of dark windows. The sound of a very loud air conditioner, faintly reminding of waves crushing against a ship.
'If you try hard you could convince yourself it's waves' I say excitedly. It's all those stories behind all those windows and behind his car that tickle my brain. Hurt my heart. Find their way through different universes into my universe. Reflections of their selves, their lives, mirrored in air waves that hit the glass of my windows, penetrate the blinders, twist their way through my eyes, disappearing in my pupils, banning their way into the shadows of my thoughts, echoing, reverberating, vibrating, shivering, squivering, squeezing themselves through my veines into my cold fingertips.
'We don't have gas yet. It's fucking freezing man'
'I know and aren't you thrilled about the wireless?'
'Will we have a password? - I don't want suckers like me to feed off our internet. I totally would you know'
'yeah, and by the way your house is the doll house. Just for future reference. And their house is the play house. I know you play too but you are all girls, so it's the dollhouse. And ours is any but those names. Like the crack house or your mother's house'
'You can't kiss me tonight, I have a blister on my upper lip. But if you like we can build a yoghurt-phone line from your room to mine'
He smiles. He won't ever love me and we both know it. I laugh roughly. Cough. Sneeze. Sniff.
Thoughts are oozing out. Pressing. A caroussell of letters, whirled into a wild cyberstorm.
Welcome in my ship.
Just so you know, I am the capitan.
yo no soy marinero! soy capitan, soy capitan, soy capitan.
always
Emeralda

No comments: