Monday, March 12, 2007

on the autobahn

German A Capella humming into my ears. I lean back, look around in the gay bachelor´s apartment, an old friend of mine. My refuge. For tonight.
I marvel. Marvel at the calm, the peace, the well, you know, the graceful way I marched from the emergency phone back to the car. A real fucked up car that would make California look proud but would make every German TUV test agent look pale...

I confess, I really do believe in guardian angels. See, things happen sometimes in a way that really make me think...
I could have freaked out and get stressed over all this bullshit happening to me today. But then again....The flat tire was just an excuse to get me to the bodyshop. The brakes were totally, entirely burnt out, as it turned out, something really just fucking saved my life. And in turn, I also saved my aunt´s life. Good thing I found out about the brakes before the ride would have sent me on my last trip through the clouds. Or her, for that matter. Later.

Oh whatever. I can´t quite believe that I am where I didn´t want to be, somewhere in the middle of Germany with a shitload of stress ahead. Oh well. It might be worth saving lifes, don´t you think.
I felt like a homeless with all the bags dangeling around my neck and arms and the guitar and the long scarf. My black stockings strangely weird, wrong place, wrong time. People laughing at me on my long way to the trainstation....But you know, I just felt, like, kind of...thankful. It could have been so much worse. You know, thank you, gosh, thank you.

Well, you know, - I know why I don´t like cars.

2 comments:

RuKsaK said...

'somewhere in the middle of Germany with a shitload of stress ahead' That is a line made of a million diamonds - fantastic. start a book with that line and I am with you for the whole ride. so much in that makes me want to know so much more.

Akarta said...

hehehe, great comment :):)