For the longest time 'ready or not, here we come' was a mere reference to the Fugees for me. Until I became a nanny and found out that this is what you say when you play hide and seek.
It is noon, the sun is shining in Santa Monica. Chuck Berry is playing in the Interactive Cafe and I take the 'Green Issue' Vanity Fair edition to sit down with a coffee and read.
I open it, read a little and have to swallow. I am disgusted. Why, in the hell does this disgust me? It;s good when people are used as role models. Thank you, Leo di Caprio, for being a role model and all the other ones too. I wonder whether i have turned into a cynic.
Chuck Berry still doesn't care but about his girl so I smile and get this feeling that while I am really busy preparing my big escape plan (everyone in LA has an escape plan, so I was told in the very beginning when I arrived) I am actually really getting trapped. Because I can like this, it's not like I couldn't.
Sometimes it's as if life sings 'ready or not, here I come'
it sucks...
but
...
you know, it's all so - RELAAAATIVE
yeah, whatever.
('whatever' and 'it sucks' are the best English words that I learned to use here!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment