Monday, July 02, 2007

the lover

she finished her drink.
expensive. free.
shook off her tiredness.
gaining focus. trying to be.

'i'm a longing lover' she said. 'better alone.'

you know, to the extremes. closeness exploding, distance imploding.
that's what she liked.
always.

work is the inbetween. raging with anger. raging with lust. raging with trying to just calm the fuck down.

4 comments:

RuKsaK said...

It's been a long time. Your wonderful edges of emotion don't fade though. This one is particularly incisive to me and relates entirely to things I've been thinking about lately. Of course, that is, if the last 25 years is lately.

vinny said...

lonely, lover.

i just don't see it, i don't. there's no loneliness with love.

maybe i'm just dreaming.

emeralda said...

hm, i think you are right...it's a word play more so than the right word...i changed it from 'lonely lover' to 'longing lover' because i think that's what i meant...thank you for commenting i always want to improve my English to the extend that i can sharpen my words to make them spears... you know , my name (my real name) translated means 'the one who reigns with the spear' whereas spear was a substitute for 'word' back in the olden days....
so i am working on those spears ;)
love
e

Cyl said...

U asked about me....

I am a man of constant sorrow
I've seen trouble all my day.
I bid farewell to old black forest
The place where I was born and raised.
(The place where he was born and raised)

For twelve long years I've been in trouble
No pleasures here on earth I found
For in this world I'm bound to ramble
I have no friends to help me now.

[chorus] He has no friends to help him now

It's fare thee well my old lover
I never expect to see you again
For I'm bound to ride that northern railroad
Perhaps I'll die upon this train.

[chorus] Perhaps he'll die upon this train.

You can bury me in some deep valley
For many years where I may lay
Then you may learn to love another
While I am sleeping in my grave.

[chorus] While he is sleeping in his grave.

Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger
My face you'll never see no more.
But there is one promise that is given
I'll meet you on God's golden shore.

[chorus] He'll meet you on God's golden shore.