People look ways but that doesn't mean anything...
He kept crying 'Maaaama, Maaaa-hama!!!'
She finally stopped and shouted at him 'don't you see I'm talking to Emi!'
Emi is the most disgusting nickname for Emeralda.
She thinks she knows me.
But she even doesn't know my real name.
She thinks that one day I will understand how hard it is to be rich.
Maybe then we can be real friends.
For now, dear, I would like to tell her, I am your nanny and you my boss.
A horrible one for that matter.
She couldn't wait to handle this rationally and reasonable in the evening. No. She had to do it in front of the kids.
At dinnertime one of the little ones told me I couldn't have dinner that night. His parents acted appalled. Acted as if he were crazy.
He was just honest.
The whole day she couldn't look straight in my eyes.
I tried to make it good.
She misunderstood.
Said, she felt I was taking advantage of her.
I thought of the countless nights I had spent handcrafting with her for the boys, the school, the fair. The days I had volunteered for the school, for her boy's birthday.
She said I offended her, pissed her off big time. Hadn't I been sitting in the car, writing, taking time 'off' - there are your four hours off!
They paid six hours days when I was with them from 8 AM to 9 PM and after that I had to listen to her problems.
I thought, didn't you ever think about how it felt for me to have to listen to your richman's problems?
She said, I've been taking care of you like my daughter
I thought how she had treated me like her property,shushing her friends who would have liked me to work a few hours for them too...how she bragged around with me and my skills and made me cook and iron and do her laundry and pick up after her and the boys.
Tears were no option.
There I stood, barely defending myself.
Swallow your pride
Swallow your intentions
Now, do, what you never meant to do
and just keep on going
I am not a person like that, is all i said, and if you keep thinking that I will have to stop working.
We both pretended to let go of it
I never cared about any little convenience of her life
I know who my friends are
I don't want money
I just want to pay my god damn bills.
She needs me, but I am replacable just as everybody else before me
I don't need her.
But there are children involved
It's sad to see that it is almost an impossible mission
No comments:
Post a Comment