Monday, December 24, 2007

in the middle - a wishing well

it s early xmas eve.
you sitting somewhere
you you you
the big D
the word that everybody knows is inevitably part in every of my conversations
the word that she changed, shortened,
the word that I won t give up

she has been a shadow all these summer months
over my brightness
and I couldn t just walk away
to see whether there was sun in
other places too
so I stayed
and you too
and the shadow
cooling a boiling heart but
alas
inept
inapt

THE ASHES THE ASHES - will they fertilize new ground?

will they be our blessing?



I wish for it
in a starry night
way up in the mountains
with a big halo around the full moon
with my muscles aching
my heart on stand by
secretly yearning

Once upon a time
I dreamt
a wishing well....
I leaned over it
saw my reflection
my long hair
it fell

when I got up it had turned golden and I
I had forgotten
who I was
and where you were
and if we already had met
and whether I knew your name

but i knew
it was your love
that I was wishing for

(Im not sure about the ending yet)

No comments: