Friday, June 20, 2008

eero johannes and my soft summer night

It is Eero Johannes from Helsinki, Finland, playing. And the night is so soft, the streets so wide and you eukalyptus and palmtrees, you're just so familiar to my heart now. I remember when I first arrived here it was all weird and freaky to me. Like being in a picture book, I felt no relations whatsoever. Now I am on a flight through the soft ocean breeze, gliding so fast and I don't know if these tears are from the wind cutting my eyes into million pieces or is it that I leave.
Listening to Bob Dylan and the Visions of Johanna and my friend calling from New Orleans just propels me into this weird space. My dad's distant voice calling, a year or so ago, listen, listen, daughter, be aware, if you stay there long enough you will become American and you won't be able to come back.
I feel how it is tugging and tearing on me now, exactly this, the heart exploding into this great vast space, filled with so much more to long for.
Then I call my sweet love, far away, gypsy gypsy gone gone, letting him know about my feelings now, isn't it weird I say, isn't it strange, how I was so homesick and now I barely can go.
All these circus people I just met, rekindling my passions, all these dancers and people I can play with finally, like children in the meadows of life. Clown noses, laughter, dance, skinny dipping, singing, embracing. The high life.
But I am flying, high and low, in waves, and I know I can't stop now.
Berlin, Berlin, hello....

No comments: