Thursday, October 09, 2008

hell's kitchen

Modern times, thunder on the mountain, why did He mention Alicia? She said it was a great honor and music journalists and fans broke their heads over the little crumbs he had put in their way.
It's not like I know anything. I walk the streets in my worn boots, heavy feet, busy mind and it's cloudy, it rains, it's been a long long day.

Sometimes, when I watch all these people my love for humanity just fades away. I lose any sense of sense, of meaning, behind all this. There is a man shouting in the streets, it is dark and he is drunk, there is a gay faggot mayor somewhere and Berlin, Berlin, what a sad, bummed out, fucked, messed up, mean city this is.
People look, curiously, who that be, shouting freely, the man tumbles away.
I think of my laundry tumbling at home and of the line 'I start to believe what the scriptures say'. Sometimes it seems, a lot of people already live in hell.

No comments: