Man, it's hard not to fall into negativity. I can feel my lungs collapse in shame. My shoulders hunch, just a hint, and my chest constricts in pain. Not again!
Trying to breathe deeply is not easy in this body.
So I try to straighten it and open it and the emptiness that ensues in my ribcages and in between my heart and my lungs is deafening. I try to fill it with adequate emotion, invite it in. See the cracks in the cloud wall! There is a bird flying. I hate people. My chest sinks back in.
At the check-out counter I hum and tap gently on my chest bone. I can feel the vibration of my voice. Hummmm, hummm. There is a faint smile as I remember how embarrassed I was whenever my Mom sang in the supermarket.
The street is half dusty and half muddy. I jump over a puddle in my cowboy boots and hope my red skirt doesn't stray.
Yes you can do it! So cool! A challenge!
Learning to walk was so much more fun when I was a kid and fixated on my goals. Nowadays I get threatened to be thrown off by demons and dragons that try and conquer my soul.
Transforming them then it is.
Trying to breathe deeply is not easy in this body.
So I try to straighten it and open it and the emptiness that ensues in my ribcages and in between my heart and my lungs is deafening. I try to fill it with adequate emotion, invite it in. See the cracks in the cloud wall! There is a bird flying. I hate people. My chest sinks back in.
At the check-out counter I hum and tap gently on my chest bone. I can feel the vibration of my voice. Hummmm, hummm. There is a faint smile as I remember how embarrassed I was whenever my Mom sang in the supermarket.
The street is half dusty and half muddy. I jump over a puddle in my cowboy boots and hope my red skirt doesn't stray.
Yes you can do it! So cool! A challenge!
Learning to walk was so much more fun when I was a kid and fixated on my goals. Nowadays I get threatened to be thrown off by demons and dragons that try and conquer my soul.
Transforming them then it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment