There is this other life
And it is waiting for me
I can't fall into this trap
of love
Ah I see your sad eyes right in front of me
A trap you call that, disappointed voice
Ah, don't get me wrong,
it is good
it is all good
it is oh so good
But I feel this pull to a life
that sits in my head
and screams and wants to get out
A life, single, alone, again.
Inspired by Leonard Cohen, by Bob Dylan, by all those artists that make me wanna run away
And all they sing, too, is that love is all that matters.
Now in this state of confusion I beg you to venture
Be my lover
And hold me tight.
Don't let me run away.
But let me live there, for a while, my own stupid life. Drinking coffee and wine and puffing cigarettes.
Ah wait
That life was never for me
No comments:
Post a Comment