Friday, November 17, 2006

crazy

crazy.
Funny how so many roads can merge in one point. Like a star the arms cross in one point and radiate into all four directions.
It was early summer and I had the car. We drove to Venice Beach, the girls and I and in a little boutique the owner played Crazy on loop. It took me a while until I realized it was looped. It was such a good song, that I didn't get annoyed by it for a long time.
On our way back we heard it on the radio. We decided it was our summer song.

San Francisco. The exotic looking friend of Res came by, dressed in a sleek black leather suit. We were about to go on a motorcycle ride. He said, Crazy, such a good song and the whole album is good, surprisingly. Yeah, Gnarls Barkeley.
It was a windy Frisco day. A night that reminded me too much of Berlin. Talking into the early morning hours, discussing. An annoying skepticist. A cup of coffee in the morning with a little heart and smiley face on it. Waking up to a new angle of life. Missing you.

Famima, Hollywood. You stared at me. Black eyes like black holes sucking me in. Friends. Just. And you stared at me, don't think I didn't feel that. When I caught your glare you would turn away, quickly. Crazy, what a fucking good song you said, and I smiled because at one hand I was surprised and on the other hand I wasn't at all. I knew you would relate to the lyrics. And it's your ringtone now, as funny as it might seem. You are weird but sometimes you have your good moments of clear judgemental capacity. It was late and I remembered that I bought a sexy little black dress in this boutique in Venice beach, back then, for you... not as friends, but that was then...

Santa Monica. With my nephew in my arms, drawing a farm. He is so cute. The cutest little boy I know and so determined a boy. Innocent, child. Us jumping on the bed, singing along to the song. Does that make me crazy? Probably. His eyes filling and then overspilling with tears, telling me that he doesn't want to use pee as a remedy for his pink eye. His dad however did it and it helped immediately. Me thinking of how my nephew always loved you.

Crazy.

No comments: