I feel like the weather, sometimes foggy, sometimes bright and clear like the blistering sunshine on Kachemack Bay.
Yesterday a veil of early autumn mist hovered right over the ocean, wafting back and forth between the shores. Covering my little refuge into a grey wall, making me oblivious to the rest of the world. I heard the seagulls cry and the flapping wings of eagles, I heard the waves dancing but couldn't see none of it.
This is how depression foggs up your soul and mind when the tide is low.
A distant flute, crying strange melodies into the deep forests of our homeland that is not our home, moved me to tears.
A distant flame is trying not to be blown out by the winds of change. The winds of fate. The winds of decisions that can cut deep into our flesh and our lives.
Yesterday night around the campfire, I missed you. But your voice, it was so cold, so distant, so casual. It couldn't still my thirst for sweetness amongst the cold bright stars. I called in the hopes to find you alone but you are never alone but the loneliest knight I know. In the midst of a battlefield that is folded into grey misty cool. No fire. No songs. No soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment