I have to admit that I don't explore a lot of new blogs these days. I read my favorite blogger's sites and that's it most of the time. Over the time they grew to my heart, isn't it funny how that works although there are so many zeros and ones inbetween us. I remember a time when me, too, I would comment like crazy at everybody's blog so they would come back and return the favor. For a short while I turned the comments off on this site then I thought, oh well, no, if someone wants to they should be able to...More and more I realized though, that here too, I am not yet where I want to be. Writing has become a very personal and therapeutical tool for me just as has music. Blogging is different from writing journals because you know that somebody else eventually will read something you wrote. So you change your style of writing, maybe it's more reflective. However, although it serves first as a tool for me to cope with situations and with myself I try whenever I have the time to really sit down and not just jot down some lines, to write WELL, to sharpen my pencil so to say and try to improve my writing skills just as I try to improve my guitar playing skills in school.
My English vocabulary expanded over the last two years thanks to YOU guys out there, I would read your wonderful posts and look words up immediately because I really wanted to understand you fully. It's a motivational engine. Writing well is also something that is fueled by reading bloggers who are very eloquent and write as if they were Kundera or Marquez.
So even though I don't comment a lot anymore and don't get a lot of comments either I want to express my gratitude towards everyone of you out there. It is an exchange of experience, words and insights and I hope my reflections on love and life here in obscurity will offer you here and there something of value, if it is only to remind you of things that you experienced yourself and that help you to reconnect to that place where you had to learn how to be strong.
Sometimes I think of writing more about political and social issues here but so far I have resisted that idea. I don't think that my insights offer anything of value that you couldn't find anywhere else. As I am going to study international relations next year that might change though, we will see. So now I need to get my morning coffee
Have a good day everybody!!!! and don't forget to look up in the sky once or twice a day. and smile ;0)
one love
Emeralda/Piranha
2 comments:
We're still out here... and we're still reading. ;)
well now, that's a surprise Mr. Hermes lol. I actually considered myself to be a hardcore Hermes fan and to have you here is kinda. um, ahm, like, Tori Amos coming by for coffee... wuh.
oh well, okay, that just made my day ;)
Post a Comment